‘Christmas Lights Switch On’ Details Announced

0

Christmas will officially start at the University of Southampton on Friday November 29th as the ‘Christmas Lights Switch On’ event comes to Highfield Campus.

The event will take place on the grassed area next to the SUSU redbrick square in front of Building 40. The lights will be switched on by Pro Vice-Chancellor International, Professor Mark Spearing and the team of students who represented the University of Southampton in the Enactus World Cup this year.

xmas lights

University staff and the wider University community will enjoy a Christmas market, Christmas music and a supply of mulled wine, mulled cider and festive soft drinks throughout the evening.

The Christmas market will open the event at 4pm, then the lights will be switched on by the Enactus team at 6pm. Following this, there will be live music until 7pm. The Christmas market and SUSU will be open late for those wishing to continue enjoying the festivities.

Christmas 2012: Last years' event attracted a lot of staff and students.
Christmas 2012: Last years’ event attracted a lot of staff and students.

Students and staff are encouraged to claim a complimentary drink by registering for the event, printing off the ticket and exchanging it on the day at one of the drink outlets. Complimentary drink offers are limited and restricted to one per person. Tickets will be scanned in exchange for each drink.

This event is for staff and students of the University of Southampton. Join the Facebook event to keep up to date.

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 - 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.