Burglary On Alma Road, Portswood

0

A house on Alma Road was burgled yesterday between 5:15pm and 6:30pm. It was suspected that the burglar entered the property through the back door which was later found unlocked.

Police and residents estimate that the burglary was committed between 5:15pm and 6:30pm. There was no sign of forced entry on the front door or the side door, and police suggest the burglar probably broke in through the back door which is hardly difficult to access.

The two bedrooms on the ground floor were unlocked. In the bedroom located right next to the front door, two laptops, HP CQ-42 in black, ASUS X501 in white and the latter’s charger were found missing. In the other bedroom, a big ACER laptop in black and a standard-size Jansport backpack with a pink flower pin on it were found missing. Some unusual items were found on the bed of the former room which included staples, a used sweet wrapper, a charger head and a pen with a ‘fund-raising’ slogan printed on it.

A resident (who wishes to remain anonymous) said to the police that he heard some weird noises about 5:30pm and that might be the time the burglary was committed. He was the only person inside the house during the estimated time of burglary. The victim were an 18-year-old Australian-Chinese man and a 20-year-old English woman. The police came and took the witness statements from the two victims at around 8:15pm. Crime-scene specialists carried out further investigations this morning.

Police are advising homeowners to try and keep valuable items such as laptops out of view when you are not in the room with them to deter any opportunist thieves. They also suggest registering items for free on www.imobilise.com, which the police check when they recover stolen items.

Any witnesses or those with information about the crime are asked to contact the police hotline on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Animated Films, Design, Music, Writing my passion for living