‘Common People’: A New Music Festival Coming to Southampton

0

A new music festival is coming to Southampton.

Called ‘Common People’, the 23rd and 24th of May will witness an anticipated 30,000 revelers descend upon Southampton Common for this brand new festival, expected to feature some of the world’s top artists, as well as new acts, covering a vast array of musical genres.

Organized by the man behind the Bestival and Camp Bestival festivals, the aim of this venture is to combine the atmospheres of two festivals located in the Isle of Wight and Dorset respectively. With tickets priced at £25, organisers hope that the price will lead to great demand.

The former Radio 1 DJ Rob Da Bank, who is playing a key role in the organisation of the event, told the Daily Echo:

‘There will be a big headliner, a really good cross-section from rock, indie and pop to dance music. We want it to appeal to everyone’.

The location of Southampton, close to the Isle of Wight and Dorset, has made the city an ideal location for the festival , with the hope that it will be an event to “make Southampton proud”.

It is important to note that this is a non-camping event, with the performers scheduled to be announced in the new year.

Deputy Editor of the Wessex Scene for 2015/16. I often write News, Politics and Opinion pieces. As well as writing for the Scene I can be found in the Surge Radio studio, where I am the Head of News. Also, as I'm new to twitter and desperate, follow me!! @95moliver