Startup Weekend Returns to Southampton

Startup Weekend is back, providing an opportunity for student entrepreneurs who are looking to create a new business or develop the latest technology innovation.

The event is taking place from Friday 1st May to Sunday 3rd May, and this student-led event will enable technical and non-technical entrepreneurs to collaborate on new projects and create a business idea within 54 hours.

The non-profit event, which is open to the public as well as students, will take place on campus, and will centre around ‘Life Hacks’ – creations and innovations that make people’s lives easier and better.

The event will also feature a number of talks from business and technology professionals on the latest technology, as well as mentoring sessions.

The Startup Weekend culminates in Sunday night demos and presentations to a panel of expert judges.

Tahlie Cooper, 20, a student at the University of Southampton and  event organiser for the Startup weekend, said:

“The weekend is centred around action, innovation and education. Whether you are looking for feedback on an idea, a co-founder, specific skill sets or a team to help you execute, Startup Weekends are the perfect environment in which to test your idea and take the first steps towards launching your own startup.”

To find out more about Startup Weekend, visit

BA English student at the University of Southampton and News Editor of the Wessex Scene 2014-2015.