Singer-songwriter Foxes to Perform at SUSU for Charity Record Attempt

Southampton born singer-songwriter Foxes will perform at the University of Southampton’s Students’ Union on 27th May as part of a Guinness World Record attempt.

In collaboration with Citroën and the charity Trekstock, Foxes will attempt to gain the Guinness World Record title for ‘most live concerts in 12 hours in multiple cities’.

The event is hoping to gain from ticket sales a fundraising target of £20,000 –  where all proceeds raised will go to the charity Trekstock, in support of young adults affected by cancer.

The challenge will see Foxes drive from ‘C1TY TO C1TY’ in a Citroën C1, performing a highly demanding schedule of seven live concerts, in seven cities, all in the space of 12 hours.

Southampton will be the first city on the tour, which will involve a 250 mile journey across the South of England. Other stops will include Brighton, Guildford, Reading, Oxford and High Wycombe. The finale will be in London at the House of Vans, Waterloo.

Foxes, whose real name is Louisa Rose Allen, said:

“I’ve always thought it would be amazing to be a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title holder, so this opportunity was just too good to miss. The pressure is on though as I’m fitting in all the preparations for the record attempt around studio sessions. It’s really exciting, but of course the main aim is to raise money for Trekstock, which is a fantastic charity.”

The event begins at 9:30am and Foxes will perform a 15 minute set (10:00 – 10:15) in the students’ union. She will also be accompanied by support acts. Full details about all the venues and how to buy tickets can be found on Trekstock’s website here.

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 - 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.