New Restaurants Announced For Southampton Arts Complex

Three new restaurants have been announced by the  developers of the new arts complex currently under construction in Southampton city centre.

Nando’s, The Stable and Faucet Inn will all occupy space in the development, which is set to be the centre of the city’s cultural quarter and will boast a 447 seat theatre as well as studios and rehearsal spaces that will be used by a variety of local arts organisations including the John Hansard Gallery, Nuffield Theatre and City Eye.

The new arts complex currently under development in the city centre (Image: Southampton Cultural Development Trust)

The three newly announced restaurants join Tapas Barcelona, which became the first restaurant in the development to be announced earlier this year. The Stable, based in Dorset, offers pizza made using locally sourced ingredients and stocks 80 different varieties of craft cider. Nick Cooper, founder of the company, told the Daily Echo:

“We are delighted to secure this prime site. The city has a great dining and bar scene which we are thrilled to become a part of. We feel that the arts complex will be a fantastic complement to our artisan brand”

Faucet Inn will occupy a 2.987 sq ft outlet within the complex. Their restaurant on the site will be called ‘Neighbourhood’ and will stock a variety of international beers, ales, wines and sprits. The chain that runs 22 pubs, bars and restaurants around the country and already has a strong presence in Southampton, owning Cargo and the Tap Room. The owner of the company, Steve Cox, said he was ‘thrilled’ to be a part of Southampton’s thriving dining scene and that the Cultural Quarter offered a great opportunity for the company to trial the new ‘Neighbourhood’ concept.

The third restaurant to be announced, peri peri chicken establishment Nando’s, plans to occupy a 3000 sq ft space within the arts complex. The chain will be familiar to many readers as it already has a restaurant in West Quay Shopping Centre and has already confirmed it will have a presence in the Watermark WestQuay leisure development, which is also due to open in 2016.

Simon Armstrong, Britain and Ireland projects director for Grosvenor, developers of the arts complex site, told the Daily Echo:

“We’re pleased to have secured a varied mix of operators that complement each other really well.”

“They’re a perfect fit for our vision of delivering a varied and compelling restaurant offering in a location where people will want to live, work and visit.”

International Editor 2015-17. Third year French & Spanish student currently spending a year studying abroad in Concepción, Chile. Interested in media and world news.