University Holds First Graduation Ceremony in China

0

The University of Southampton has held its first ever graduation ceremony for the Winchester School of Art in Dalian, China.

69 students celebrated their success at the ceremony, which was held at Dalian Polytechnic University (DPU). The ceremony was led by the vice president of the DPU Wendong Ren and the Pro-Vice Chancellor of the University of Southampton, Professor Alex Neill. Also present were the head of Winchester School of Art, Dr Ed D’Souza, and the university’s International Associate Dean Stephen Mortimer.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:CIA_-_Location_of_Dalian_in_China.jpg

Dr D’Souza commented:

I am delighted to see our first cohort of talented students graduate in China. It is the culmination of four years of hard work – by both them and WSA staff – helping to make our programmes in China a great success. We are able to offer a unique educational experience at Dalian, with high quality teaching, excellent facilities and the opportunity to work with industry experts in an area of China which is home to hi-tech business and a growing number of creative industries.

The Dalian campus was first opened in October 2011, and offers four year courses in BA Graphic Arts and BA Fashion Design. The courses include modules in English language as well as design, and offer students the option to transfer their studies to the UK or complete their degree in China.

Deputy Editor 2017-18, International Editor 2015-17. Languages student currently adjusting to being back in the UK after a year abroad in Chile. Interested in Latin America, world news, media and politics.