Freshers 2015: Master Pass Returns and Hodor is Coming

SUSU have relaunched the master pass this year, covering all Freshers events for £80. This year there will only be one master pass, no easy-going and out-going pass as there has been in previous years.

The master pass includes entries to all the ‘major’ freshers events, such as Freshers’ Ball, Big Night Out, Foam Party, Laughter Lounge, and, Welcome Party, among others. Students with a master pass will also be given a 10% discount in all SUSU outlets  (The Stag’s, The Shop, The Bridge and The Cafe) until the event of 2015. The pass also includes entry individual JCR ran events.

Freshers dance to SURGE DJs at last years grad ball
Freshers dance to SURGE DJs at last years grad ball (photo, Surge Radio)

Freshers’ Ball line up is yet to be fully announced, but will feature DJ Danny Howard, Duke, Jamie Raven (the magician from Britain’s Got Talent) and ‘Rave of Thrones’ – A DJ set with Hodor (Kristian Nairn) and Loras Tyrell (Finn Jones). The event, themed ‘the greatest show on earth’ will feature a champagne casino bar, silent disco, shisha garden, stilt walkers and jugglers. Individual tickets for Freshers Ball are £26.

Hodor, Hodor
Hodor, Hodor (Wikimedia commons)
DJ Hodor
DJ Hodor (wikimedia commons)

Radio 1 DJ and Southampton Graduate Chris Stark will be playing the welcome parties. Other events include burlesque and cabaret, cheese and wine tasting, disney cocktails, the Great Gatsby dinner dance, karaoke, and a roller disco.

Grime artsist Lethal Bizzle will be playing in Garden Court on 28th September – but entry is not included in the master pass.

SUSU have warned against scam promoters and events. The only place you can purchase a master pass or individual ticket for official events is  from the SUSU box office.

Wessex Scene will be launching a competition for a free master pass, keep an eye on our Facebook page for more details.

UPDATE: SUSU has announced the individual events for each JCR, see it here. 

Editor 2015-16. Politics Editor 2014-15. Third year Politics and Economics student, I've written for every section but primarily write politics, opinion and news pieces. I also write for The Edge, Kettle Mag, The National Student, The Student Times and the Independent and do lots of work with Surge Radio.