Labour Leadership Candidate Liz Kendall Visits Sprinkles

Labour leadership hopeful Liz Kendall has attempted to sweeten up her campaign yesterday by paying a visit to the popular ice-cream establishment Sprinkles Gelato.

Kendall, who is MP for Leicester West and Shadow Minister for care and the elderly, chatted to staff and customers and even got the chance to have a go at serving ice-cream from behind the counter.

She then ordered a strawberry cheesecake and honeycomb ice-cream while she discussed the chain’s sales and performance with its business development manager, Rashidul Islam.

During the visit, Kendall repeated her pledges to fight for small businesses and help rebuild the economy. She added that she would invest in technology and IT and do everything possible to recover seats such as Southampton Itchen, which were lost to the Conservatives at the last general election.

She admitted, however, that she was perceived as the underdog in the leadership race but urged voters not to write her off yet, saying: ‘Just because times are tough doesn’t mean you stop. Great leaders don’t crumble when times are tough’. When asked about leadership favourite Jeremy Corbyn she said his policies were ‘not right‘ for the party.

International Editor 2015-17. Third year French & Spanish student currently spending a year studying abroad in Concepción, Chile. Interested in media and world news.