Marco Pierre-White to Bring His Restaurant to Southampton

Celebrity chef Marco Pierre-White is to bring a pop-up version of his Wheeler’s of St James’ restaurant to Southampton.

The Grand Harbour hotel, situated on West Quay road, will play host to this pop-up for a two-week period between 4 and 20 September. The dates coincide with the Southampton Boat Show, with the restaurant opening for both lunch and dinner. Items on the menu will be selected from the current menu at Wheeler’s of St James’, including Maldon Rock Oysters and Rillettes of Duck Pruns d’Argon.

Commenting on the forthcoming opening of the pop-up, Pierre-White told Big Hospitality that

Southampton is a beautiful harbour city and its rich maritime heritage is a perfect fit with the essence of Wheeler’s. We hope it receives a warm welcome from Sotonians and visitors alike. It promises to be a special few weeks.

The General Manager of the Grand Harbour Hotel, Laura Roberts, commented that

Thousands of people visit Southampton during the Boat Show and we have worked incredibly hard to bring Marco and Wheeler’s here at such an important time.

As the restaurant is opening during the Southampton Boat Show, expect it to be very popular.

Deputy Editor of the Wessex Scene for 2015/16. I often write News, Politics and Opinion pieces. As well as writing for the Scene I can be found in the Surge Radio studio, where I am the Head of News. Also, as I'm new to twitter and desperate, follow me!! @95moliver