SUSU to Introduce ‘SURecruit’

SUSU is to introduce SURecruit, an in-house recruitment agency, in order to help students gain part time employment.

SURecruit will launch in September, and attempt to address ongoing concerns regarding the cost of living as a student by making it easier to find a part-time job. Students have to register their interest for part-time work, and then they have the opportunity to be allocated suitable jobs bu SUSU’s recruitment manager.

Union President, Ben Franklin, told Wessex Scene.

Our Recruitment Agency Manager has been looking round Southampton for as many part-time jobs as possible. Students can then go to SURecruit, which is free to use, to request part time work. Karin, our recruitment manager, will then allocate suitable jobs to applying students. Those who get a job through this system will be paid by the union.

Like any recruitment agency, SUSU will take a small commission to cover costs incurred by this venture.

To register your interest in SURecruit, you can sign up here.

To keep up-to-date with more information about the scheme, you can like their facebook page here.

Deputy Editor of the Wessex Scene for 2015/16. I often write News, Politics and Opinion pieces. As well as writing for the Scene I can be found in the Surge Radio studio, where I am the Head of News. Also, as I'm new to twitter and desperate, follow me!! @95moliver