RAG Reveal Record-Breaking Fundraising Total For 2014/15

SUSU RAG (Raise And Give), the University’s student fundraising group, have revealed the record-breaking total amount that students donated to charity during the 2014-15 academic year.

The organisation raised a total of £213,119.48, almost double the amount raised last year. The figure is the sum total of all student fundraising carried out for the organisation for its nominated charities Solent Mind, Teenage Cancer Trust and WaterAid through events such as Jailbreak and Lost 99.

RAG Officer for 2015/16, Kieran Reals, said:

This is an absolutely fantastic amount of money that has been raised by students across the university. Everyone here at RAG wants to say thank you on behalf of the charities that you have all raised money for; you have truly changed people’s lives with your actions.

I want to take this chance to thank last years committee for all of their hard work and dedication. They have laid the groundwork for something very very special.

He added that people were always welcome to get involved with RAG, and encouraged anyone who wanted to help fundraise, either by assisting with RAG organised events or running their own, to get in touch by emailing rag@susu.org or messaging the SUSU RAG Facebook page

RAG’s nominated charities for the 2015-16 academic year are The Red Lipstick Foundation, Make-A-Wish Foundation UK and Student Minds. The group will also be supporting the University’s Centre for Cancer Immunology over the next three years.

International Editor 2015-17. Third year French & Spanish student currently spending a year studying abroad in Concepción, Chile. Interested in media and world news.