Southampton Students Shortlisted In 2015 International Undergraduate Awards

Four Southampton humanities students have been short-listed for top awards in the 2015 International Undergraduate Awards. English graduate Matt Thring and current English student Lee Gannon have been Highly Commended in the ‘Literature 1710-present’ category, whilst History graduate Rhys Norman and French and Spanish graduate Lucinda Allen have been Highly Commended within the ‘History’ category.

The Undergraduate Awards announced the entrants who were Highly Commended on the 2nd of September, sharing the short-list on their twitter account. To be in the Highly Commended category places these students’ work in the top 10% of more than 5000 entrants globally. The Undergraduate Awards website states that;

Becoming a winner, or even highly commended, means you are in the top of your field. The Undergraduate Awards identifies and recognises the most creative and nuanced arguments and ideas coming out at undergraduate level internationally. The overall winners are published in our annual academic journal. The journals are sent to every university library and is often requested by academics as a directory of the finest undergraduates from every discipline.

The Undergraduate Awards is the world’s only Pan-Discipline Award Programme, meaning that it is open to university students of all disciplines. All penultimate and final year undergraduate students, as well as graduates from the previous academic year, can enter the International Undergraduate Awards. The next submission deadline is May, 2o16.

The final results for 2015 will be announced after the 23rd of September. To keep updated click here.

Former Opinion Editor for Wessex Scene and enthusiastic English student. Advocate of social justice, creativity and treating yourself. First and foremost an Opinion writer but I like to dabble.