Radio 1 Are Coming to SUSU

On Friday October 9th, the Scott Mills show from BBC Radio 1 will be coming to SUSU.

As part of a week-long university tour, which also features stops in universities Liverpool, Stirling, Aberyswyth as well as Harper Adams University, Scott Mills and his comrade and Southampton Alumus Chris Stark will be visiting our student’s union, with SUSU having worked closely with Radio 1 to ensure Scott Mills et al would come to Southampton.

Chris Stark will be returning how his University only a few weeks after DJ’ing at the recent Welcome Parties, as well as doing an impromptu show live on Surge Radio – which you can listen to here.

They will be looking for as many people to get involved as possible, so be sure to keep checking our Facebook page for further details!

Our Union President, Ben Franklin, seemed rather excited by the prospect of Radio 1 coming to SUSU:

I was really excited when Radio 1 approached SUSU for an event like this! After hearing what they have planned on the radio and chatting with the producers during the planning, I’m absolutely positive this is going to be a huge event for our students.

Wessex Scene will keep you updated as soon as more details become available.

Deputy Editor of the Wessex Scene for 2015/16. I often write News, Politics and Opinion pieces. As well as writing for the Scene I can be found in the Surge Radio studio, where I am the Head of News. Also, as I'm new to twitter and desperate, follow me!! @95moliver