Police Launch Hunt For Archers Road Sex Attacker

Police have launched a hunt for sex attacker following an assault on a woman who was walking alone on Bannister Road – the road leading to Archers Road  – at 4.20am on Saturday, September 26th.

The victim is 24-year-old and was walking alone when she was approached by a man who sexually assaulted her.

The offender is a white man, aged in his 30s and between 5ft 4ins and 5ft 6ins tall. He is described as a skinny build with dark brown hair, a receding hairline and a beard just longer than stubble. He was wearing a light coloured jacket and spoke with an Eastern European accent.

The woman was unharmed in the incident, as she fought the attacker off who ran in the direction of the Avenue.

Detective Constable Keith Evans, said:

I am appealing to anyone who may have been in the area at the time of the incident. I would urge anyone with information to come forward and speak to us as soon as possible.

Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Evans at Southampton Police Station by calling 101 or crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Editor 2015-16. Politics Editor 2014-15. Third year Politics and Economics student, I've written for every section but primarily write politics, opinion and news pieces. I also write for The Edge, Kettle Mag, The National Student, The Student Times and the Independent and do lots of work with Surge Radio.