BREAKING: Two Brothers Arrested Over Guildhall Square Acid Attack

Two brothers have been arrested in connection with the acid attack that took place outside the Turtle Bay Restaurant in the city centre on September 18th.

Hampshire police had previously launched an appeal to trace Billy and Geoffery Midmore, both of whom are from London, in connection with the attack.

Geoffrey Midmore, aged 26, has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent and conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm with intent, while his brother Billy (aged 22) has been charged with conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm. Both are due to appear at Southampton Magistrates Court on Thursday. A 33 year old woman suspected of aiding the brothers has also been arrested and bailed pending further investigation.

The attack left mother of six Carla Whitlock with serious burns to her arms, neck and face. The 37 year old may also lose sight in one eye due to the damage caused by the attack. Speaking to The Daily Telegraph six days after the incident, Ms Whitlock said she was managing as best she can and thanked the door staff of the restaurant, adding that they were the reason she still had sight in her left eye. A member of the restaurant’s staff later confirmed neither Ms Whitlock nor her attackers were guests of the restaurant.

Turtle Bay’s Assistant Manager, Adrian Rodgers, who treated Ms Whitlock for 10 minutes before the emergency services arrived, described her condition after the attack:

She was in tremendous pain and the burns were horrendous – I have never seen anything like it. I was constantly rinsing her face and mouth with cold, iced water and applying burn packs but they only soothed her temporarily.

International Editor 2015-17. Third year French & Spanish student currently spending a year studying abroad in Concepción, Chile. Interested in media and world news.