Winchester Campus President Wanted for WSA Restructure

In a new YouTube video, VP Student Communities Anjit Aulakh outlines planned changes to how the Student Union works at Winchester School of Art in the hope of increasing student engagement at the satellite campus.

One of the changes is introducing the Winchester Campus President role, previously known as the Winchester Officer. The Winchester Campus President will help lead the restructuring and democracy of the Union at Winchester School of Art. Training will be provided by SUSU staff at WSA.

Nominations for the position are now open and close on Friday 9th October. Once nominations are in, candidates will be allowed to campaign for one week and will be given £15 from the Union to spend on campaign materials.

Speaking exclusively to Wessex Scene, VP Communities Anjit Aulakh said:

The Winchester Campus President Role this year will be a very exciting experience for whoever takes up the post, the initial priority will be to focus on restructuring the representation structures we have at WSA and by the end of it have ones that work and truly drive and increase the engagement we have up there. IT’S ALL CHANGE AND I’M TRULY VERY EXCITED ABOUT IT ALL!

Voting opens on Wednesday 14th October and results will be announced on Friday 16th October at 6pm.

Nominations for the position can be made here.

News Editor 2015/16. Philosophy and Politics student. Opinionated activist with a questionable sense of humour. Left Wing, Critique of the Status Quo and diplomatic debater who loves writing for you!