Sexual Assault in Southampton

An 18-year-old woman was sexually assaulted whilst walking in the Sholing area of the city in broad daylight.

The victim was approached by a man from behind whilst walking along Middle Road, where he touched her buttock underneath her skirt. The incident occurred at 10:30am on the Monday, October 12.

Police are appealing  for witnesses and/or any information connected to the assault or the attacker, who is described as white, aged between 30 and 40, 5ft 9 to 5ft 10, medium build,  and wearing charcoal coloured tracksuit bottoms with a beige fleece top and a pair of sports style sunglasses.

Detective Sergeant Paul Masters said that “This was an isolated incident and we have extra officers out on patrol to reassure the community. As always, I would urge people to be vigilant and report any suspicious activity or similar incidents to the police immediately.”

Anyone with any information connected to the attack can call 101, asking for Det Sgt Paul Masters at Southampton Police Station, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, where information can be left anonymously.

Deputy Editor of the Wessex Scene for 2015/16. I often write News, Politics and Opinion pieces. As well as writing for the Scene I can be found in the Surge Radio studio, where I am the Head of News. Also, as I'm new to twitter and desperate, follow me!! @95moliver