Enactus Southampton Wins The World Cup

Enactus Southampton, a social enterprise society, have won the Enactus World Cup in Johannasburg, South Africa.

After winning the 2015 National Competion earlier this year, this week Enactus Southampton travelled to Johannasburg to represent the United Kingdom, competing alongside 36 other national champions for the World Cup. Yesterday each team presented thier social enterprises, demonstrating the social impact they have achieved in front of a panel of judges.

After making it through to the finals earlier today, Enactus Southampton then competed against teams from the United States, Korea and Morocco this evening and have now come away with the cup, and the title of World Champion 2015.

In their winning 17 minute presentation, Enactus Southampton presented thier two main international projects; SanEco, which is improving lives in Kenya through innovative sanitary solutions, and Right Light, which is empowering communities in East Africa using solar energy.

Jake Davies, President of Enactus 2015-16 said of the World Cup;

It’s unbelievable. It’s amazing to see 4000 people coming together to solve similar problems and to see everyone take different approaches to solving real world problems.

If you would like to experience the moment that Enactus Southampton became world champions, check out the video of the event here.

Former Opinion Editor for Wessex Scene and enthusiastic English student. Advocate of social justice, creativity and treating yourself. First and foremost an Opinion writer but I like to dabble.