BREAKING: Assault in Orange Rooms

Police are investigating a ‘savage assault’ at Orange Rooms Nightclub on Saturday night.

Two men, aged 23 and 24 were attacked at approximately 1am in an unprovoked assault while dancing with a group of friends. Both victims were taken taken to Southampton General Hospital, after 23-year-old suffered a fractured nose, and the 24-year-old sustained damage to his teeth and a black eye.

It is believed the offender immediately left the night club. He is described as a white man, around 5ft 10ins in his mid-late 20s. The offender was wearing a red tartan t-shirt. He has an athletic build with short dark hair. At the time of the assault the offender was with a woman who is described a white, of slim build and with short blonde bob. She was wearing a white top at the time of the attack.

Speaking to the Daily Echo, Police Staff Investigator Katherine Pullen, said:

This has been described as a savage and unprovoked attack which left the two victims with injuries that will require further medical treatment. I am appealing for anyone with any information which may help lead to the identification of the offender.”

Anyone with information should contact PSI Pullen at Southampton police station by calling 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Editor 2015-16. Politics Editor 2014-15. Third year Politics and Economics student, I've written for every section but primarily write politics, opinion and news pieces. I also write for The Edge, Kettle Mag, The National Student, The Student Times and the Independent and do lots of work with Surge Radio.