SUSUtv’s ‘Gunge A Sabb’ Raises Over £250 For Children In Need

SUSUtv has raised over £250 for BBC Children in Need through it’s ‘Gunge A Sabb’ live show and fundraiser.

Those who donated were given the chance to vote on which of SUSU’s Sabbatical Officers should be covered in the green slime during a special live show on the day of the annual BBC charity telethon.

In a closely fought contest, Vice President Democracy and Creative Industries Kerry Sclater recieved the most nominations and was gunged by VP Student Communities Anjit Aulakh,

SUSUtv’s Station Manager, Chris Evans, told Wessex Scene:

Gunge a Sabb started off as a little bit of a crazy idea intended to add an interactive element into a live show. Being quite unlike anything we’ve done before we were totally blown away by the amount of support we received and all the generous donations for such an important cause.

I particularly enjoyed the fact that we brought out a bit of a rivalry between Anjit and Kerry, perhaps Gunge a Sabb could become an annual affair?

The full live show will be uploaded to the SUSUtv website over the next few days. You can still donate to Children in Need via SUSUtv’s fundraising page.

Watch the gunging in full below.

International Editor 2015-17. Third year French & Spanish student currently spending a year studying abroad in Concepción, Chile. Interested in media and world news.