SUSU To Ask If We Should Open Grad Ball to All

Tomorrow, Union President Ben Franklin will be using Tap, Choose, Change to decide whether or not to keep the Grad Ball in its current format, or open it up to ‘Summer Ball’ open to all students. 

The decision will be informative ‘not decisive’ and there will be a committee of students to make a final decision.

Union President Ben Franklin said:

I just want to get a feel for student demand before any decisions are made, and this seems like the best way to start the ball rolling and putting Grad Ball in people’s minds.

This isn’t the be and end all of student consultation on Grad Ball, soon we’ll be organising a committee to widen participation in organising the event and sending out a survey on what you want Grad Ball (/Summer Ball) to be. Keep your eyes peeled, or add this account as a friend if you want to know when the opportunity arises.
Ben Franklin will be on Redbrick or the Interchange from 11:30am until 2.oopm tomorrow. He said he ‘really wants to get it right‘ because ‘people really care’. 

If you’re interested in this issue, want to know when nominations of the committee open, contact Ben via Facebook, or email him

Wessex Scene will keep you updated as this story develops. 

Editor 2015-16. Politics Editor 2014-15. Third year Politics and Economics student, I've written for every section but primarily write politics, opinion and news pieces. I also write for The Edge, Kettle Mag, The National Student, The Student Times and the Independent and do lots of work with Surge Radio.