Steak Restaurant to Open in Ocean Village

A brand new steak restaurant will open its doors in 2016 along the luxurious Ocean Village waterside stretch.

Famous brand Steak of the Art will bring an additional 25 jobs to the city, ranging from chefs to front of house, whilst the outlet will serve meals within a contemporary artistic setting.

Admirals Quay is already home to a number of excellent restaurants, and the new steakhouse, started by chef and art lover Steve Bowen, is sure to prove a hit for harbour-goers.

Bowen’s restaurants have already proved successful in Bristol and Cardiff, and his simple combination of good, affordable food and artistic inspiration is sure to prove a hit in Southampton.

“We’re hugely excited about bringing our vision of dining to Southampton,” explained Bowen.

We feel that Ocean Village is the ideal place for us. Recent upgrades to the marina, work on the new five-star hotel and a home for other, well-respected retailers, bars and restaurants will see it emerge as a key business and tourist destination. The need to have quality places to eat therefore increases and Steak of the Art will provide a place where people can appreciate and enjoy good food in an unpretentious way.

The restaurant will be split over two floors and will seat 170.

Steak of the Art’s art co-ordinator Hannah-Jayne Smith said:

The art will be on display throughout the restaurant and will be a mixture of local and published artists from our partner, Knutsford-based gallery Vermillion. People will be able to view the art without necessarily eating. Everything on display will be for sale but we also expect to have some exciting exhibitions, displays and events.

The interior will be an exhibition of art and we’ve got some exciting and perhaps unusual ideas for Southampton which will make this a dining experience with a difference.

News Editor 2015/16