Woman Attacked on Highfield Lane

A 19-year-old woman has been assaulted as she walked along Highfield lane, close to in between Highfield and Avenue Campus.

The young woman was hit in the face and suffered facial injuries by a man who was described as being six feet tall, white, having a pale complexion and in his mid-twenties.

The attack happened sometime between 8pm and 8:30pm on Friday, November 27, just off Furzedown Road. She was approached, then subsequently grabbed and punched.

The man was wearing a ‘deer hunter’ style hat with a fur trim, a green ‘Parka-style’ jacket with a fur hood, dark blue jeans and was clean-shaven.

Detective Constable Timothy Doyle said that ‘This appears to be completely unprovoked attack on a young woman and therefore quite rare. If you can avoid walking alone in the hours or darkness, do so. As always, consider which route to take and think about taking a friend.’

Police are appealing for witnesses, and anyone with any information should dial 101 and quote the reference number 44150413071.

Deputy Editor of the Wessex Scene for 2015/16. I often write News, Politics and Opinion pieces. As well as writing for the Scene I can be found in the Surge Radio studio, where I am the Head of News. Also, as I'm new to twitter and desperate, follow me!! @95moliver