SUSU to Give You the Chance to Decide on Your Grad Ball

0

Attention, final years! SUSU are now looking for people to help decide what this year’s Grad Ball will be, where it will be located, the price structure and even what sort of acts will be performing.

Applications are now open for a position on the Grad Ball committee, which will liaise with the Sabb officers and the events team in order to provide the best experience possible for those attending. All applications will be anonymous.

Last year’s event was held in Oceana, and was subject to controversy surrounding the £50 price for a ticket, however the night passed off as a success.

Union President Ben Franklin said the Union was addressing the feedback from last year’s event, and the associated concerns:

After feedback from the last Grad Ball, we’ve already started work investigating potential new locations and formats. And who is better qualified to decide whether this is what students want than students themselves?

The deadline for applications to the committee is 26 January, and you can apply for a position on the committee here.

Deputy Editor of the Wessex Scene for 2015/16. I often write News, Politics and Opinion pieces. As well as writing for the Scene I can be found in the Surge Radio studio, where I am the Head of News. Also, as I'm new to twitter and desperate, follow me!! @95moliver