Tickets Now on Sale for Varsity

0

Tickets are now on sale for Varsity, the biggest Southampton student sport event of the year.

For those who are unfamiliar, Varsity is essentially a ‘mini Olympics’ between both the University of Southampton and Portsmouth University, covering a vast multitude of sports – from football to quidditch, which are mostly held on one day.

Some events are held previous to the day itself. Portsmouth have already drawn first blood, with the ‘Destroyers’ beating the Southampton Stags 24-8 in the American football.

Last year, Southampton beat Portsmouth comprehensively, winning 160-96.

The purchase of tickets, priced at £10, is compulsory for all players and spectators and include free entry to the after-party, which last year was held at Oceana.

Tickets can be purchased here or in person at reception, and for further information about the event itself be sure to join the Facebook event here.

Wessex Scene will be providing comprehensive Varsity coverage, so be sure to like our Facebook page for the latest updates.

Deputy Editor of the Wessex Scene for 2015/16. I often write News, Politics and Opinion pieces. As well as writing for the Scene I can be found in the Surge Radio studio, where I am the Head of News. Also, as I'm new to twitter and desperate, follow me!! @95moliver