Treat Yo Self Tuesday – The Third Installment

0

It’s that time of the week again: Treat Yo Self Tuesday. It’s also the final week before the new term starts so really you should take advantage this Tuesday because its probably the last day for a while that you’ll have the freedom to do so.

Let Wessex Scene take you on a treat yo self journey. After all, you’ve had such a hard week, you deserve some me time.

1. Take yourself out for Brunch at Kate’s in Portswood. The staff members are so friendly and the food is not only cheap but really tasty. Kate’s has a beautiful beach theme setting and you get a free Berocca with every hangover. Perfect if you’ve been out at Jesters the night before.

2. Go see girl band The Big Moon at the Joiners tonight for only £6! The Big Moon are an up and coming indie girl band with a whole lot of talent. These girls are going to be huge so its really worth going to see them for such a cheap price.

3.  It’s supposed to be sunny this afternoon, so go for a quick jog on the common. Most students aren’t back yet and most children have gone back to school so take advantage of having some nice down time whilst its not too busy. Having a jog can really clear your head and it doesn’t have to be strenuous. Plus, its free!

4. Watch the new House of Cards series on Netflix and get your much needed dose of Kevin Spacey. House of Cards has had rave reviews and will really have you hooked. If you haven’t seen the first few seasons, get started on the series itself. I guarantee you’ll have found your new favourite show. Be sure to grab some popcorn whilst you’re at it! Here is the Edge review of the first episode of the new season.hqdefault

5.  Not had enough of good TV? Will Garside of SUSUtv won highly commended at NaSTAs 2016 for his documentary looking at the development of the Radar in the years before the Second World War. The documentary is only 11 minutes long – a good break from revision and essay writing. This is also a really great example of what Southampton students can achieve.

Wessex Scene Editor 2016-17 and Features Editor 2015-2016. History Student, Blog writer (http://emeraldalice.blogspot.co.uk/) and traveller. Student Brand Ambassador for the i Paper 2015-2016. Tea lover, cat enthusiast. @Alicetotheskies