Sexual Assault in Bevois Valley

0

A woman has been sexually assaulted in the early hours of Saturday morning, close to Tariq Manzils restaurant.

The incident happened at around 2am on Saturday morning on Southcliff Road, which connects the Avenue to Onslow Road.

A man was believed to approach the woman and attempted to inappropriately touch he under her clothing..

The man is described as being white, aged between 35 and 55, with an unwashed complexion.

He also has silver/white hair of medium length, with a wiry and untidy silver/white beard.

He was thought to be wearing a black, shiny jacket and was of an unwashed complexion.

Detective Constable David Jackson said:

We are appealing directly to anyone who witnessed this incident. Were you out in Southampton on Friday night and did you see anyone as described? Or were you in the vicinity of Southcliff Road, Dover Street and Liverpool Street? We would like to hear from you.

This was a horrible incident that happened to a young woman who was walking home with a friend after a night out. I believe some one will know this man.

Furthermore, I would like to take this opportunity to remind people of their personal safety when out at night in Southampton. When it’s late, consider taking a licensed taxi home, even if it’s just a 10 minute walk and prepare beforehand by keeping some money aside for this. Keep your phone on you and be aware of your surroundings. Walk home with friends and report anything or anyone suspicious to 101.

If you have any further information, call 101 and quote the reference number 44160143749.

Deputy Editor of the Wessex Scene for 2015/16. I often write News, Politics and Opinion pieces. As well as writing for the Scene I can be found in the Surge Radio studio, where I am the Head of News. Also, as I'm new to twitter and desperate, follow me!! @95moliver