Fundraising Campaign Setup In Memory Of Rose Polge

0

The family of Southampton Medical School graduate Rose Polge have set up a fundraising campaign in her memory.

Dr Polge, who was a junior doctor at Torbay Hospital in Devon, disappeared in February. Her body was later found at Anstey’s Cove in Torquay on April 11th. Her sister Hazel said that she had been working long hours and was suffering from ‘work-related anxiety’.

Her family have now set up an online fundraising campaign in her memory. More than £4,000 has already been raised for supported charities Mind and Dartmoor Search and Rescue to ‘prevent such tragedy’ happening again. Hazel Polge explained that money given to Mind would help those who ‘like Rose may suffer acute crisis or distress’.

Writing on the fundraising webpage, Hazel Polge commented:

‘Please give generously in her memory, not just for the junior doctor whose disappearance and death hit the headlines, but for the sweet, beautiful, kind, loving woman that she was.

She will never be forgotten, but let us honour her memory by helping those charities that aim to prevent such tragedy. Even if just one person was saved, to their family that would be everything.’

International Editor 2015-17. Third year French & Spanish student currently spending a year studying abroad in Concepción, Chile. Interested in media and world news.