Spring/Summer Jackets Made Easy

0

Spring has finally sprung, (although it might not seem like it!) This weather has got everyone asking ‘what jacket can I wear?’ The constant to-and- throw between BBQ weather and a chill in the air is just too warm for your winter coat, but you need something to throw over your shoulders to keep the breeze off. Well if you find your self in this wardrobe predicament don’t fear! I’m going to show you the best high-street jackets that will keep you looking as fresh as this (sometimes) gorgeous summer weather.

Firstly, you would have to have been living in cave not to notice that THE BOMBER IS BACK! However, the bomber as we know it has had all kinds of makeovers. The floral bomber is everywhere at the moment and I think it’s a fab way to update your wardrobe. I’m particularly in love with the floral bombers in Zara and New Look; head into the shops and you absolutely cannot miss their wide range. Wear with jeans for a casual day look or throw over a LBD for a night out. If you like the more military, traditional American fly-squad look go to Topshop where they have a range of high shine metallic bombers in traditional colours like green and rust. Another trend I am seeing in bomber jackets at the moment is lace bombers. This is perfect for an updated girly look. Zara has a delicate sheer lace bomber that comes in chalk pink or black so you can choose to suit your own personal style. All these modern takes on the classic shape and style of the bomber jacket means that you’re sure to nail this seasons biggest trend:”Athlesiure” (that’s sports clothing not worn to work out for those not in the know! Check out ‘Net-a-sporter’ for inspiration.)

Just one of New Look's 78 bomber jackets!
Just one of New Look’s 78 bomber jackets!

As spring is often full of beautiful colours, it’s the time of year that we all like to bring out the pastels and gorgeous coloured clothing. So this is probably why Zara’s faux leather jacket in four different colours has been so wildly popular, coming in a choice of baby pink, baby blue, green and mustard. Anywhere you go you will undoubtedly see someone wearing one of these jackets. A jacket is a perfect way to refresh your wardrobe without having to buy a whole load of new clothes, and a brightly coloured one will drag your clothes into spring/summer with little effort from you.

This pink faux leather jacket is just £39.99 from Zara.

And finally, as we have seen this season is all about taking the classics and pimping them into something new and exciting. And for spring what can be more classic than the denim jacket? However the plain denim jacket is now a thing of the past as it’s all about the embroidered denim. Everything from shorts to jeans and jackets should be embroidered, and you can see a lot of this in the shops, however if you’ve got a jacket already you might not want to fork out for a new one. Instead just DIY! I’m not suggesting you get your needle and thread out and start sewing yourself, you can cheat and buy some easy iron on patches. www.etsy.com is an amazing place to buy these with prices ranging from 50p to £8.00 per patch you can find some really interesting designs on here to really make your jacket personal. So get ironing!

Embroidered jacket from Topshop
Embroidered jacket from Topshop
Just one of the hundreds of iron on patches available online at Etsy.