New Shops to be Added to West Quay Line Up

0

It has been announced that two new shops, Flying Tiger and Ann Summers, will be opening in West Quay soon alongside other recent and future developments to the shopping centre.

The Swedish variety store Flying Tiger will be added to West Quay’s first floor. The store boasts a plethora of household and office goods that are cheap and cheerful; other Tiger branches within the same chain placed within England such as London branches and Nottingham have amassed a lot of success largely due to the quaint, kitsch endearing nature of the bright and innovative products on offer.

Also to be opened is lingerie connoisseur Ann Summers, alongside the two other underwear shops placed in West Quay over the last two years, Victoria’s Secret and Boux Avenue, both of which have amassed plenty of hype since their introduction to the shopping centre. It is not yet known whether this branch of Ann Summers will replace the branch on Above Bar Street.

Carluccio’s, an Italian restaurant chain will be opening on the ground floor of West Quay, where the children’s section of Gap was previously.

Amorino, a self-proclaimed “Artisanal Gelato Maker”, has recently been introduced to West Quay and will be in business until October. It has existing concessions in London and Oxfordshire.

Leading clothing retailer H&M also has exciting news for West Quay. An ongoing extensive refit that began in May will be finalised in the last weeks of July and will be open to the public on the 4th August at 11am. Promotional events will be taking place; it is rumoured that there will be DJ sets and free treats on the launch week. This will follow on from the huge refurbishment of H&M‘s neighbouring retail outlet Next which took the vacancy left by Dorothy Perkins, and now has a Costa Coffee along with a lingerie room and new fitting rooms amongst other developments. It officially opened on the 21st June.

Nadia Al-Yousif, sales co-ordinator at Next, has said “We are all really pleased with how it [the refit]has turned out and hope that customers appreciate it, and that we hit our profit target!”. 

Southampton’s shopping scene has seen highly anticipated developments in the last few years and with the inception of Watermark West Quay and rumoured conversion of Bargate, East Street and the disused quarters around Old Town in 2017, it looks as if the retail experience in Southampton is constantly reaching new heights.

Travel, Features and Sport sub-editor 2016/17. First year Biology with Linguistics student. Interested particularly in molecular biology, genetics and brain disease and disorders. Very disposed towards writing about things that haven't quite been explained yet.