Southampton to Host RAG Conference 2017

0

The University of Southampton RAG have won their bid to host RAG conference 2017. 

Having gone up against Oxford, the committee found out they had won on the evening of Wednesday 24th August after the NaSFA (National Association of Student Fundraising) AGM at the University of Hertfordshire. The results were announced in the evening, hosted by Matt Richardson, a comedian and presenter on ITV2.

Prior to the AGM, the team submitted a video which was then shown on the night, amongst videos from the other entries. The teams from both Oxford and Southampton had to pitch and then answer questions before the decision was down to a ballot.

Image Credit: Tallulah Lyons
Image Credit: Tallulah Lyons

The RAG conference is a three day event, combining networking, lectures, and evening socials including a quiz and karaoke. Students, Charities and Sabbatical officers will attend.

This success from RAG comes after the recent announcement that they raised an impressive £165, 194.05 in the 2015/16 academic year.

RAG have also recently announced their three chosen charities that they will raise money for in the next year. These will be Action Against Hunger, Alzheimer’s Society and HCPT The Pilgrimage Trust.

The conference will likely be held in August 2017 with the official date yet to be confirmed.

Wessex Scene Editor 2016-17 and Features Editor 2015-2016. History Student, Blog writer (http://emeraldalice.blogspot.co.uk/) and traveller. Student Brand Ambassador for the i Paper 2015-2016. Tea lover, cat enthusiast. @Alicetotheskies