Transfer Deadline Day Live

0

Keep your eye on this page for all the latest updates on what promises to be a record breaking transfer deadline day.

31/08/16 12:00pm: Hello and welcome to Transfer Deadline Day here on at the Wessex Scene. In what promises to be a hectic last eleven hours of the 2016 summer transfer window. Already, clubs around the world are scrambling to thrash out the final few deals of the window.

12:03pm: In a round up of major news from this morning, we begin with Chelsea who look close to signing Fiorentina left-back Marcos Alonso for around £20m. The attacking twenty-five year old full back is comfortable at both left-back and left-midfield, although he can also be deployed in the centre of defence. Chelsea are also being heavily linked with David Luiz making a sensational return to the club he left two summers ago.

12:05pm: DONE DEAL! Torino announce the loan of England No.1 goalkeeper Joe Hart for the season. Hart has been ostracised at Manchester City since Pep Guardiola took charge, and the recent signing of Claudio Bravo has pushed Hart further down the pecking order to third choice.

12:07pm: To Stoke City now, who look set to announce Wilfred Bony also on loan from Manchester City. The Ivorian striker dominated when at Swansea, but has found game-time limited at City, and looks set to join the Potters on loan, presumably ending their interest in West Bromwich Albion’s Saido Berahino. Bony is the only player who will be joining Stoke on loan, with a deal also agreed to sign Bruno Martins Indi from Porto on loan, with an option to buy for £8.5m at the end.

12:11pm: A big signing appears to be joining the Premier League champions, as Islam Slimani has been given permission to take a medical ahead of joining the Foxes. The fee being quoted is around £27m. Leicester have already lost one player today, with bit-part central midfielder Gokhan Inler joining Besikitas today for around £7m.

12:14pm: To North London now, and a potential outgoing for Arsenal. Young winger Serge Gnabry appears to be on his way out the club, with Werder Bremen close to agreeing a deal to sign the German youth international today. Jack Wilshere, once hailed as the saviour of English fooball is set to go on loan, with Bournemouth and Crystal Palace the front-runners for his signature for the season, although don’t rule out a late swoop from Roma.

12:16pm: For Spurs fans, the day could be a bit more frustrating. Although they appear to have finally signed Georges-Kevin N’Koudou from Marseille, they won’t be getting Isco on loan. They also have dropped interest in Wilfred Zaha over disagreements over the price, and now Moussa Sissoko, who earlier looked to be joining the Lilywhites appears to be unlikely, with Spurs and Newcastle being a long way apart on the fee.

12:19pm: DONE DEAL! Stoke sign Lee Grant on loan from Derby County.

12:24pm: It’s not just English clubs who are short on time from transfers, with the majority of windows in Europe also closing at various points today. In Italy, most clubs are finished with business, although the long-running soap-opera-esque saga of Maksimovic to Napoli from Torino is still to be confirmed. Also, Juventus are hoping to do some late business by signing Chelsea’s Juan Cuadrado on loan, and also picking up Axel Witsel from Zenit.

12:32pm: From Italy, to Germany and FC Ingolstadt announcing the signing of Marcel Tisserand from Monaco. The player had previously been linked with Arsenal and err… Espanyol. An odd transfer. Still, plenty of time before the early 5pm deadline for the Bundesliga clubs.

12:34pm: Back to Chelsea, and two interesting lines developing this hour. Valencia defender Aymen Abdennour, who was linked with the Blues before joining Valencia appears to be in discussions with Chelsea over a season-long loan deal, presumably as the much-needed defensive cover. Also, Gianluca Di Marzio is claiming AC Milan now want Cesc Fabregas on a season-long loan, after the Spaniard allegedly rejected a move to city rivals Inter Milan. Potentially ones to watch in the coming hours.

12:39pm: Loans appear to be the order of the day with Sevilla now close to signing Samir Nasri on loan from Manchester City. Their official statement on the deal reads as follows: “We’re finalising the transfer of Nasri. We’re negotiating with the player and Man City & trying to close the deal.” A reminder that the Spanish window closes one hour later than the English window, at Midnight.

12:43pm: Presumably Valencia’s replacement for Abdennour if they do loan him out, Elaqium Mangala appears close to joining them from Manchester City on… you guessed it, a loan deal for the season. He is currently having a medical with the club.

12:51pm: Middlesborough have started the season well in the Premier League, and it looks like it could be a case of one-in-one-out at the Riverside. Tricky winger Albert Adomah appears set to join Aston Villa, while Villa’s own tricky winger Adama Traore looks set to join the Borough. The former is having a medical right now.

12:55pm: DONE DEAL! Lucas Jutkiewicz has joined Birmingham on loan from Burnley.

12:59pm: DONE DEAL! The man with arguably the craziest hair in world football- at least in Fifa 12 is on the move again. Vagner Love has left Monaco to join Alanyaspor today, having previously played in China, Russia and France. Welliton and Love up-front in Ultimate Team, those were the days.

13:02pm: DONE DEAL! Stoke City have signed Wilfred Bony on a season long loan from Manchester City.

13:03pm: DONE DEAL! Another quick one from Germany- Shani Tarashaj has gone on loan to Eintracht Frankfurt from Everton. He has previously been on loan in Switzerland.

13:08pm: Two medicals to report now. Jeff Hendrick is having a medical at Burnley after they agreed a fee with Derby County. Also, Everton have agreed a deal with Sheffield United for highly-rated young striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin and he is currently undergoing his medical.

13:18pm: West Bromwich Albion have agreed a fee with Watford for right-back Alan Nyom.

13:29pm: Three more lines as the new information briefly slows down. Defensive midfielder Didier N’Dong is close to joining Sunderland for a club record fee of £20m from French club Lorient. The last piece of news right now is from Yann M’Vila also being close to retuining to the Black Cats this season. Finally, perenial Deadline Day hero Emmanuel Adebayor continues his tour of London FC as negotiations continue with Fulham over his potential signing.

13:54pm: DEVELOPING STORY. David Luiz, clown prince of Brazil appears to be on his way back to Chelsea FC for around £35m. Aymen Abdennour could also still join on loan.

14:12pm: Some first images here for Joe Hart at Torino.

Credit: Image via dailymail.co.uk
Credit: Image via dailymail.co.uk

14:19pm: DONE DEAL! Samir Nasri joins Sevilla on loan for the season. Another high-profile loan!

14:40pm: Roma are now apparently making significant progress with attempts to sign Jack Wilshere on loan from Arsenal. He has previously been linked to Crystal Palace and Bournemouth.

14:45pm: Brighton have rejected a sixth bid for midfielder Dale Stephens from Burnley. Will they get their man by the 11pm deadline?

15:13pm: Something of a lull with just under eight hours to go on Deadline Day. Keep with us for the latest updates and confirmed deals when they happen.

Wessex Scene Editor 2016-17 and Features Editor 2015-2016. History Student, Blog writer (http://emeraldalice.blogspot.co.uk/) and traveller. Student Brand Ambassador for the i Paper 2015-2016. Tea lover, cat enthusiast. @Alicetotheskies