New Restaurants Confirmed For Watermark Development

0

Two new restuarants have been confirmed as part of the Watermark WestQuay leisure development in Southampton city centre.

Owners Hammerson revealed this week that The Real Greek and Project Pie will both occupy units within the centre, joining Jamie’s Italian, Wahaca, Five Guys, Zizzi’s and Nando’s.

The Real Greek will occupy a 325m2 space in the Lower Promenade area of the development, the chain’s second outlet located outside of London.

David Page, Chairman of The Real Greek, described the Watermark development as an ideal location for the chain’s second restaurant, with Southampton’s location on the south coast making the restaurant a ‘big draw’ for customers from the surrounding area.

Project Pie’s 130m2 unit in the Lower Room area is set to bring the US ‘build your own’ pizza concept to Southampton, allowing customers to create their own pizzas which will be cooked in under three minutes in a high speed oven.

The Watermark franchise will become the company’s third in the UK, joining the chain’s existing outlets in London and Dundee. Spokesperson Susan Canavan said Project Pie were proud to be expanding and offering more people a chance to experience their food offering.

Sarah Fox, Head of Restaurants and Leisure at Hammerson, told the Echo that both new restaurants will offer visitors the opportunity to ‘enjoy a different taste from around the world’ and build on the vibrant range of establishments that have already been announced.

The first phase of the development, which will also be home to a 10 screen cinema and a bowling alley, is currently scheduled to open later this year.

Planning permission for the proposed second phase of the development, which could include a 27 storey tower block of restaurants and shops, a hotel and an underground car park, has not yet been granted.

International Editor 2015-17. Third year French & Spanish student currently spending a year studying abroad in Concepción, Chile. Interested in media and world news.