Southampton Places Within Top 90 Universities Worldwide

0

The 2016 QS World University Rankings (which may be viewed here) have been released, and the University of Southampton has remained among the top 90 once again. Among the 912 universities ranked (and many thousands assessed), the University of Southampton has been placed in position 87.

Within the rankings, 73 universities are based in the UK, with Southampton being the 17th highest among them.

These rankings, done by the QS (or Quacquarelli Symonds), are based off of a number of factors including: teaching and learning standard maintained throughout the university, the university’s reputation amongst employers, and the range of international students and staff within the university. These list have been compromised by the opinions of over 70,000 academics and 40,000 employers, along with the analysis of 11 million research papers and citations.

Sir Christopher Snowden, Southampton’s Vice-Chancellor and President, stated:

“Amongst the main principles of the University’s strategy are quality and internationalisation. Against this backdrop, it is encouraging to see our University maintain its position in the top 100 overall as evidence of our reputation and status as a globally-focused institution.”

The next major world rankings regarding universities will be within the Times Higher Education, due to be published sometime in September 2016.

Wessex Scene Online Manager 2015-2016, Head of Design 2016-2017