Body Found at Lodge Road Travelodge

0

At 12:47pm ambulance services were called to the Travelodge hotel on Lodge Road, to investigate an incident potentially involving hazardous materials. Fire, police and other emergency services attended the scene to discover a male’s body. The Hampshire police statement released this afternoon states that they are not treating the death as suspicious.  

An eye witness states that the rescue service operation was huge, as several vehicles arrived on scene at 1pm this afternoon to work together in resolving the claims of hazardous materials being present on the hotels property.

One individual had been found dead on arrival by the emergency services. According to the Daily Echo the incident may involve helium, although whether this is a specific cause of death is yet to be disclosed.

Further investigation has resulted in the emergency services declaring the area and surrounding streets safe from these hazardous materials. Currently only two police vehicles remain at the scene as the ambulance and fire services left following the conclusion.

Hotel guests and staff are still able to enter and leave the building as the cordon was lifted earlier today.

No information regarding the identity of the deceased has been released as of yet.

Wessex Scene will keep you updated as this story progresses

Wessex Scene Travel Editor 2016-2017. English Student. Aspiring Journalist. World Traveller.