University of Southampton Drops Out of National Top 20 Universities

0

The University of Southampton no longer sits in the Times University Guide list of the top 20 universities in the UK.

Whilst the University of Southampton is the fourth top university in the South East below Oxford, Surrey and Sussex, it only sits 21st in the National top 20 for 2017.

Last year, the University of Southampton was 16th in the list, dropping five places.

The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide will be published this weekend and includes an analysis of student satisfaction with the quality of teaching at each institution. Other indicators in the guide also include research quality, degree results achieved, student/staff ratios and the wider student experience.

The guide also provides an indicator of Graduate prospects. For Southampton, 76.9% of graduates are in professional jobs or at graduate level-study. In addition to this, the completion rate for University of Southampton Students is still very high at a huge 91.7%.

Southampton Solent sits 16th in the list of the top 20 universities in the South East. Whereas, on a National level, Solent have risen by five places, making them 110th in the UK.

Wessex Scene Editor 2016-17 and Features Editor 2015-2016. History Student, Blog writer (http://emeraldalice.blogspot.co.uk/) and traveller. Student Brand Ambassador for the i Paper 2015-2016. Tea lover, cat enthusiast. @Alicetotheskies