Man Injured By Portswood Sainsbury’s – Suspect Arrested

A 40 year-old man has suffered serious leg injuries caused by an unknown incident at the Sainsbury’s supermarket down Portswood Road.

The Daily Echo has reported that a 46 year-old man man has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm without intent for the event which occurred between the hours of 18:15 and 19:45 on Saturday. Police are currently appealing for witnesses of the event.

The man was hurt while walking between a bus stop and the traffic light junction near the entrance to Sainsbury’s on Portswood Road. The 40 year-old was taken to Southampton General Hospital and treated for serious leg injuries.

Detective Constable Mark Blake told the Daily Echo: “Investigators would like to hear from anyone who witnessed how this man became injured in the area at this time.

“An ambulance attended to assist the man who was taken to hospital where he is being treated for serious injuries.

“If anyone saw how the man came to be on the ground and suffered these injuries please call police.

“We would like to reassure members of the public that, from the information we have gathered, this appears to be an isolated incident.”

The 46 year-old suspected of causing the injury has been released on bail until the 30th November pending further enquiries.

Were you there on Saturday? Do you have details of the event? If so, then contact DC Blake on 101, quoting 44160362124, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.