SUSU Name Returns After Union U-Turn

After a two day All Student Vote that took place on Monday 17th October and Tuesday 18th October, the student body have voted for the name of the Union to change back to SUSU. 

Whilst the name SUSU returns, the union will not be changing back to the old branding. Only the name will change.

The results show that 70% of those who voted preferred the name SUSU whereas only 30% preferred the name Us.

On the other hand, the results over the brand itself were much closer. 46% of those who voted preferred the previous branding of the union, whilst 54% preferred the new brand.

In total, 4735 voted on the name of the union and 4711 voted on the branding. This means over 20% of the student population voted.

In response the Union made this statement:

This rebrand has triggered a large debateand we are pleasedto see an increased engagement in our democratic activities. We understand that this has been a passionate debate and we look forward to going from strength to strength with all of our members. The Trustee Board, including Full-Time Officer and Student Trustees, will now look to decide the next steps and will keep you updated on the progress in the coming months.

You can view the results of the All Student Vote here.

Wessex Scene Editor 2016-17 and Features Editor 2015-2016. History Student, Blog writer ( and traveller. Student Brand Ambassador for the i Paper 2015-2016. Tea lover, cat enthusiast. @Alicetotheskies