Southampton RAG Raises Over £10,000 at London Mega-Raid

0

Southampton RAG successfully raised £10,352.30 at this year’s London Mega-raid for health charity, Breast Cancer Now.

The successful fundraiser means that Southampton’s RAG maintain their title of Top RAG, raising the most per capita of every University team their, for the second year in a row.

Pete Johnson, RAG Raids Officer, told the Wessex Scene: “I couldn’t be more proud of my team this year, they were fantastic, raising an incredible £10,352.30, which was a bit of a shock considering lots of them felt they hadn’t been at the best stations for raiding.

“The money goes towards such a great cause as well, funding life saving research into Breast Cancer and that’s why we are always so keen to work with this charity, not only with Raids but challenges like the London to Paris cycle ride.”

The spot was tightly contested, as Breast Cancer Now – Students acknowledge on their Facebook page.

The Breast Cancer Now Post | Credit: Samuel Tyler

Among the team was Mechanical Engineering student, Abhinav Aggarwal who told the Wessex Scene: “I met a women who had breast cancer, someone who just survived it and another one who’s mother just survived it. They all thanked me for the wonderful thing that I was doing and gave a generous donation.

“I could feel the pain and trauma cancer causes after I met them…

“[Talking on the fundraiser] It was very hard work though and we lost our voices and couldn’t feel our legs by the end of the day. I would love to do it again!”