Fortunate Guinea Pigs Saved From Flames

0

A guinea pig  was dramatically saved from the flames of a flat fire on Denzil Avenue near Portswood.

Southampton Firefighters were fortunate enough to find this particular  black guinea pig last Wednesday,  in a flat on a road only a mere ten minutes away from Jesters.

The common household pet, similar to the one rescued from Denzil Avenue | Credit: Wikimedia

When  firefighters came across this discovery at 3:50 pm on the 26th October, they immediately allowed supporting  medical crews to give this Guinea Pig oxygen to assist with his recovery.

Steve Crammer from Redbridge Fire Station told the Daily Echo: “I have seen better looking guinea pigs but he was breathing so hopefully [he]will make a full recovery.

“Although he was grey already I think the stress may have made him a little greyer but I think the guinea pig will be good for another few years.”

No people were discovered inside the flat, but police and firefighters continue to investigate the blaze that nearly led to the demise of this small but cute and sociable animal.

Did you see anything? Let us know below.

I mainly focus on news and travel, in my Wessex Scene writing. I am a third year History student at the University, who has a passion of learning more about the world around me and visiting new places when I can. I also enjoy doing many different societies at university, including: Wessex Scene!