A guinea pig was dramatically saved from the flames of a flat fire on Denzil Avenue near Portswood.
Southampton Firefighters were fortunate enough to find this particular black guinea pig last Wednesday, in a flat on a road only a mere ten minutes away from Jesters.
When firefighters came across this discovery at 3:50 pm on the 26th October, they immediately allowed supporting medical crews to give this Guinea Pig oxygen to assist with his recovery.
Steve Crammer from Redbridge Fire Station told the Daily Echo: “I have seen better looking guinea pigs but he was breathing so hopefully [he]will make a full recovery.
“Although he was grey already I think the stress may have made him a little greyer but I think the guinea pig will be good for another few years.”
No people were discovered inside the flat, but police and firefighters continue to investigate the blaze that nearly led to the demise of this small but cute and sociable animal.
Did you see anything? Let us know below.