Cannabis Factory Found Near Highfield

0

Police raids on a house in Granby Grove on Saturday night have revealed over 60 dying cannabis plants, drug growing equipment and missing tenants.

A landlord in Granby Grove, the busiest student area in Southampton, is trying to find anyone who can help to get in touch with the police because of the hundreds of pounds he’s lost as a result. He had to force his way in after chasing payment from five students who he thought still lived there. He said

“It was a big shock. I have had the house for 30 years and nothing like this has ever happened. I don’t know who did it but I am really upset. The police are looking into it but how am I going to get my money back?”

Local residents were shocked to discover the news as the area is normally uneventful. Students normally live in the area but such suspicious activity is not common. Neighbours said that there were “no signs that would suggest there was anything linked to drugs going on.”

Have any information? Call the police on 101 quoting 44160418489 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Third year PAIR student and head of events. Also The Edge’s live editor and 2016-17 opinion editor. Fan of cats, gigs and a tea lover – find me rambling about politics and cats @_Carly_May on Twitter.