UPDATE: Police Appealing For Witnesses Following Daylight Stabbing near London Road

0

A man has been taken to hospital after an attack near London Road yesterday lunchtime. The police have now confirmed that the man was stabbed in the back and are appealing for witnesses. 

As the Daily Echo reports, the police were called to the scene just after midday yesterday following reports of a man being attacked on the junction of Carlton Crescent and Carlton Place near to the London Road Brew House pub.  The police were seen clearing debris and taking evidence and blood was seen on the pavement. A witness told the Echo that the victim looked to be a man in his mid-twenties. The injured man was taken to Southampton General Hospital and officers have since confirmed his injuries are not life threatening.

A London Road shopkeeper who witnessed the incident told the Daily Echo:

“I heard a bit of commotion outside. I went to the door after a little while because it was still going on and I saw a man lying facedown outside the London Road Brew House. It looked like someone was putting pressure on a wound on his back. I was told that someone had been stabbed.”

A Hampshire Constabulary spokeswoman has said:

“We were called at 12.04pm on Feb 22 to reports of a man having been assaulted on London Road, Southampton. The ambulance service are in attendance and have taken the injured man to Southampton General Hospital.”

A white man in a grey hoody was seen fleeing the scene after the incident.

DS Andy Lynch has said:

“This incident happened in the middle of the day in a busy area of the city. Were you in the London Road area at lunchtime yesterday? Did you witness this incident or see anyone running away from the scene towards the Courts?”

If you witnessed the incident or have any information which may help the police search please call 101 and quote 44170068945.

News Editor 2016-2017 and History student. Lover of travel, fashion, adventure, good books and ‘bad’ food.