Body Found In Search For Missing Girl – Gaia Pope

0

It has reported that a body has been discovered on land near Swanage whilst a search party was looking for missing teenager, Gaia Pope.

Dorest Police have stated they are ‘confident’ the body that has been found is that of 19-year-old, Gaia Pope, although the body is still yet to be formally identified.

The body was discovered earlier today at 3pm near a coastal path and field following the finding of clothing belonging to Gaia on Thursday.

The BBC have reported that the family have been notified and Gaia’s Mother, Ms Pope Weidemann, made a statement:

We are absolutely devastated and unable to put those feelings of loss into words. Our little bird has flown, but she will always be with us.

Since Gaia went missing on November 7th, many volunteers have helped search the local town. Police have now stated that assistance is no longer required but they are thankful for the public’s help.

Over the course of the search detective’s have detained 71-year-old Rosemary Dinch, her 49-year-old son Paul Elsey, and her 19-year-old nephew, Nathan Elsey, all of which are known to Gaia and have since been released under investigation.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Gaia’s friends and family.

Former English Student | Travel Editor 2016-17 |Current MSc. International Politics | Editor at Wessex Scene for 2017-18.