University Remains Closed Today Due To Inclement Weather

0

The University has announced that many campuses will be closed today  due to the deteriorating weather conditions. 

Highfield Campus, Boldrewood Campus, Avenue Campus and the Winchester School of Art were closed to both students and staff yesterday (1 March) and remain so today (2 March).

The University has now confirmed that Hartley Library, Winchester School of Art Library, NOCS Library and Health Services Library will be closed for the rest of Friday.

SUSU buildings will also be closed during this time.

The University’s out of hours crisis services for supporting students will remain available.

Credit: Carly-May Kavanagh

All University activity at Southampton General Hospital and the National Oceanography Centre Campus has now also been suspended.

Sport and Wellbeing facilities have also been closed for the day. All campus facilities will re-open as normal on Monday 5 March, unless updated information is provided to confirm otherwise.

All Unilink bus services are delayed and some stops are not being served. The Shuttle Bus between Highfield Campus and WSA is also not running today due to the weather.

Students can receive further updates via the University’s Student Communications Facebook page and the SUSSED news blog.

SUSU’s annual Elections Night Live event, which was due to take place today, has also been cancelled.

Deputy Editor 2017-18, International Editor 2015-17. Soon to be Languages graduate interested in Latin America, world news, media and politics.