SUSU and Estonia Society Southampton Spring Clean-Up Programme

0

Dream of walking the whole way along a Southampton city centre street without seeing litter? Well, SUSU may have the answer as they are running a series of Spring clean litter pick-up sessions through the month of May, including a special one in conjunction with the student-run Estonia Society on 6th May, from 9AM to 12PM.

While further clean-up events run by SUSU will take place on Wednesdays 15th and 22nd May, both 2-5PM, and an event already took place last Wednesday, the Bank Holiday Monday ‘Let’s Do It Southampton’ clean-up looks potentially to be the largest of all 3 with two main pick-up team gathering points, at Hartley Library and by the Warwick Road entrance to Southampton Common.

Credit: Estonia Soc.
Credit: Estonia Soc.

Let’s Do It are an organisation established in Estonia who coordinate and push for litter clean-up operations the world over. It was founded in 2008 when 50,000 people came together to clean up the Baltic nation of Estonia within 5 hours. Their overall ambition is for a zero waste world.

To indicate your participation tomorrow, click here and to find out more about the event, find the Facebook page here.

Editor 2018-19 | International Editor 2017/18. Final year Modern History and Politics student from Bedford. Drinks far too much tea for his own good.