The University of Southampton Remains in Good University Guide Top 20

0

The University of Southampton was last week ranked yet again in the Times Good University Guide top 20.

Coming 20th, it beat hefty competition and only dropped two places in the ranking from the year before. The University of Southampton remained the second highest ranked university in the South East with only Oxford University coming ahead.

Many improvements were recorded, including in criteria such as student experience, where we were up 13 places (61) based on data from the National Student Survey (NSS).

Individual faculties have celebrated with fourteen subjects from across the University improving their positions this year with 11 achieving top ten places in their groupings, including Physiotherapy (1), Electrical and Electronic Engineering (3), Music (3) and Civil Engineering (5).

According to the university:

League tables measure the University on a range of criteria, including entry standards, student satisfaction, staff to student ratio, expenditure on facilities and resources and research quality.”

I'm a Philosophy and Politics student. I write for The Edge and my own blog where I talk about music, film and theatre. News and Investigations Editor for Wessex Scene. An amateur performer and wine enthusiast.