Success for Southampton Student at the Southampton Short Film Festival

0

Yesterday saw the return of So.Fi, the third annual University of Southampton Short Film Festival, which had talks from industry professionals and a showreel of short films made by students from around the UK, including Southampton.

From the twelve short films shown in the Uniplex cinema last night, two were selected for awards. The first award was the Audience Choice Award and went to Southampton student Will Kee for his film ‘Surveying Liberty’ . The Grand Jury Prize went to Adam Neville for his film ‘Laundrette’, which was selected by the event organisers from the Southampton University Film Society and Tess Kullander, a freelance composer and publication manager.

Tess Kullander, who graduated from the University of Hertfordshire in 2008, specialising in music and film, provided a talk with a question and answer session and discussed working as a film composer and how music in films work. One of her own scores accompanied the short film ‘Chilli’, which was a film entry on the night by Southampton student Dominic Ellis.

Allan Miller, a 28 year old freelance writer, director and editor also spoke on the day about how cinema shaped his life and independent filmmaker Craig Heathcote gave a talk with a screening of his short film ‘Hip Hip Hooray’.