This Autumn: Live Comedy at the Nuffield

0

A new season of comedy at the Nuffield Theatre will be kick started on 10th October by ROBIN INCE.  The name may sound familiar from his frequent appearances on Radio 4 shows such as Just a Minute and The Infinite Monkey Cage. In his new stand-up, ‘The Bad Book Club’, Ince takes a comedic approach to science and bad literature whilst clashing Cliff Richard with evolutionary biology making this a show a must see performance.

JULIAN CLARY is next to take the stage on 17th October with his ‘Lord of the Mince’ tour. His popular, and notoriously camp, performances can be seen from live theatre and pantomime, to TV and now to the Nuffield. His first UK show for five years has been extended due to popular demand and is full of hilarious gags, innuendos and one-liners from the popular entertainer.

October 24th marks the fifth birthday of Southampton’s ‘Comedy Bar’. Four acts will appear for this celebratory night – JO CAULFIELD, ARTHUR SMITH, RUFUS HOUND and MC BEN NORRIS – all of which had made appearances on popular TV shows such as Mock the Week and Never Mind the Buzzcocks. Rufus Hound may also be recognised due to his appearance on 2010’s Let’s Dance for Sport Relief dressed up as Cheryl Cole dancing to ‘Fight For this Love’.

Well known for his appearances on Radio 4’s ‘The News Quiz’, JEREMY HARDY will perform his stand-up tour on 31st October.  Having previously studied at Southampton University he should feel right at home while singing funny songs and telling stories hilarious to audiences of all ages.

Singer/songwriter JOHN SHUTTLEWORTH will appear in front of Southampton’s audience on 7th November. This Sheffield comedian entertains all with his songs and stories from his 2010 tour entitled ‘A Man With No More Rolls’ which is said by the Guardian to be ‘a brilliant comic creation’.

Australian comedian BRENDON BURNS takes the stage on 14th November. His shows have been commented on as aggressive with a confrontational delivery and this Edinburgh Comedy Award Winner will provide a hilarious evening’s entertainment not to be missed.

Finally, to bring the comedy season to a close, AVA VIDAL will appear on 21st November with comedy focussed around race, class and gender. Having recently appeared on the line up for Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow she may prove a recognizable face. Ava will also be supported by TOM BELL and MC CHRIS MAYO.

Get your tickets now to avoid disappointment as these tours sell out fast. For further information and bookings call the Box Office on 02380671771 or visit www.nuffieldtheatre.co.uk for full details and booking.