Portswood’s Blockbuster on Fire

3

At approximately 2am today (5th November), Blockbuster on Portswood High St was visibly filled from floor to ceiling with thick smoke. Due to the help of local students making their way home from a night out in Portswood, police were notified and arrived at the scene around 15 minutes later.

The front and back doors of Blockbuster were opened to try and help the situtation and this resulted in plumes of smoke spilling out onto the street. Within 10 minutes what had originally been a potential disaster seemed to be under control. The cause of the fire is currently unknown, but, according to some students at the scene, the front door was left unlocked which may spark some concern. What is evident is that Blockbuster was definitely not planning on having such an early Guy Fawkes celebration.

It wasn’t a fire! It’s a security device which sets off to deter thieves, there was a movement in the building so it set off. It was NOT a fire 🙂

Andre

I was gonna say, surely there would have been some damage if there was a fire! Good idea, though.

anon

If you want to know what actually happened check out the Soton Tab. They had eye-witnesses and everything: http://sotontab.co.uk/news/2010/11/09/block-busted-innocent-students-accused-of-burglary/